I LOVE this painted version (left) of my pink poodle – made by @project6handshakes – based on this detail from a digital collage that I have yet to finish up (right)!
As a digital collage artist, I can work on a piece for months (on-and-off), sometimes almost a year. When I was still creating paper collages, I was limited to the physical properties of the cut-outs – but Photoshop liberates me in my creative flow (I can enlarge, crop, distort, edit, copy, invert the cut-outs etc) and I love it! And no, digital art is NOT made by computers! And no, when digital art is printed, the prints are not ‘posters’ but original prints in a limited edition (signed and numbered)!
The first above is the finished version of “Rebel City” (2020) and the two below are earlier drafts.
Some of personal highlights from the worst year ever:
1. My art was exhibited next to legendary artist H.R. Giger at a lovely group show at Merry Art Gallery in Japan.
2. Launched darksurrealists.net – but the project was interrupted by Covid.
3. Started painting again (after almost 10 years).
4. Started writing a novel based on my experiences of ambient abuse (subtle psychological abuse)
5. Created Epilogen Podcast – a Swedish documentary podcast about #narcissisticabuse
6. Learned how to set healthy boundaries (finally!) and started loving myself.
7. Was hired to be a mentor for an amazing art student.
8. Found a new purpose in life – to be a spokesperson for #psychologicalabuse through my art, writing, podcast etc.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2021 be a much better year for us all! ♥
Contact me here for inquiries
2019 was to me the year of pure creative joy. It was also the year of vivid colors, like hot pink, neon green and nuances of azure blue. It was the year where I made many feminist statements in my art – from my @ladyicona project of making surreal portraits of amazing female icons – to my “Ungagged” suite, which included imagery of personal victories in my trauma recovery and some brutal girl power!
I will continue to be loud, fierce and unapologetic in my art. I already have 8 pieces in progress which will cross over to the new year – and I have ideas for many, many more!
I wish to thank my fans and followers for your kindness, support and love that you have shown me this year. You give me such positive energy and I always put it into my art and hopefully it will return to you in the end. I am grateful for your appreciation of my inner Universe.
I also wish to thank Stan at PROIMAGES AB and Therése at Westréns Glas AB for their loyal support and service.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Art, Disney books and vintage erotica.
Have you ever wondered about all the upside-down crosses in my art? Well here is the answer, it might surprise you ❤ #miamakilastories (Instagram series)
Videos and photos from my MONSTER TEAM art show with Maria Wingård on culture night in Norrköping, Sweden, September 29th 2018 (Norrköpings kulturnatt).