As a digital collage artist, I can work on a piece for months (on-and-off), sometimes almost a year. When I was still creating paper collages, I was limited to the physical properties of the cut-outs – but Photoshop liberates me in my creative flow (I can enlarge, crop, distort, edit, copy, invert the cut-outs etc) and I love it! And no, digital art is NOT made by computers! And no, when digital art is printed, the prints are not ‘posters’ but original prints in a limited edition (signed and numbered)!
The first above is the finished version of “Rebel City” (2020) and the two below are earlier drafts.
Some of personal highlights from the worst year ever:
1. My art was exhibited next to legendary artist H.R. Giger at a lovely group show at Merry Art Gallery in Japan.
2. Launched darksurrealists.net – but the project was interrupted by Covid.
3. Started painting again (after almost 10 years).
4. Started writing a novel based on my experiences of ambient abuse (subtle psychological abuse)
5. Created Epilogen Podcast – a Swedish documentary podcast about #narcissisticabuse
6. Learned how to set healthy boundaries (finally!) and started loving myself.
7. Was hired to be a mentor for an amazing art student.
8. Found a new purpose in life – to be a spokesperson for #psychologicalabuse through my art, writing, podcast etc.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2021 be a much better year for us all! ♥
Contact me here for inquiries
Woohoo! Good news! Here it is – “The Rebelle Collection” with 4 new digital collage, which I made exclusively for the coolest galley/store ever: @lamaisonrebelle ! The original prints will be available on their website soon! You can see all pieces here. I have been working on this collection for the last 5 months and I feel like they have redefined me as an artist. It doesn’t happen often that you feel like you have reached a new artistic level but I do feel it now with my Rebelle Collection and it makes me both excited and happy! I hope you like my new pieces, feel free to give some feedback in the comments! Have a great weekend!
Here is the first painting of the year! I made it exclusively for the group show “SPEAK” at Swedish gallery Kulturkossan. For inquiries, please contact Kulturkossan Gallery: email@example.com
Working on my doll queen monster and listening to some lovely music by Billie Eilish (work in progress for a collaboration with La Maison Rebelle).
What a week! As you all could see here on the site, the week started out with my big artist comeback and ended with the International Women’s Day! So much GIRL POWER! I made this video for all my sisters out there – but the message is for everyone!
We are women, ladies & girls.
We are not objects.
We are not trophies.
We are not here to please you.
We exist on our own terms.
We own our bodies.
We own our stories.
Happy Women’s Day!